Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Nursery

I am so completely excited about Sydney's new room! It's super cute, but I'm not taking any of the credit for the cuteness. A friend of mine (Annie, another Annie...not the Annie's you guys already know) has a background in design, and she offered to help me decorate the nursery a few weeks ago. At that point, I only had a purple blanket that my sister made and a bed skirt for the room, so I took her up on her offer to help without thinking twice.

I really wanted Sydney's room to be different than Cameron's was. I don't want her to get stuck with hand me downs all the time, so I decided to do something very different than what we did with Cameron's room. And if you ask me, the room turned out great! Annie is so talented and has such a great eye for putting things together. She took some of the most basic things and pulled them together into these great combinations. I wish I had more of an eye for those sorts of things.






It's kind of funny, when Ryan started painting the room the color purple we had picked out we were both questioning our decision. It seemed so bright, too bright and I was a little worried. We thought about starting over with a different color, but eventually decided to go with what we had. I'm glad we did because it ended up looking great. The white and brown accents we added really helped to tone down the brightness and it ended up being the perfect, girly, but not too girly color.

No comments: