Monday, October 31, 2011

Adjusting to Life as Four

Life has been pretty crazy the past few weeks, but the good news is we are adjusting well to being a family of four. Cameron is a great big sister. She is so sweet to Sydney and loves to show people "our bebe". Sydney is growing like crazy. I think she has gained over a pound since she was born. You can totally tell too. She already looks different from when we brought her home a few weeks ago.

Ryan is a great daddy. You can just tell he loves his girls. As for me, I'm feeling good. I had a great recovery from Sydney's birth and only had one minor bump in the road a long the way (I got a breast infection about a week ago...not fun). The nights are still pretty long, Sydney is up about every three hours, but I actually feel fairly well rested considering.   

Yes, our lives have been a little hectic, but every time I get the chance to stare into the face of our sweet baby while she sleeps, or hear the laughter of our our big girl as I tickle her on the floor, I am reminded of how blessed we are. I'm so thankful that God had entrusted us with the lives of these two precious little girls. What an honor. I can't even imagine what our life would be like without them. We are so incredibly lucky!

Here are the highlights from the past few weeks:

 What a sweet little girl

Proud daddy admiring his little girl

The big sister...just saying hi

Sporting the "Big Sister In Charge" shirt

First bath...she didn't love it. :( 

Playing with play dough

 Helping to rock Sydney in her swing

 Cameron and her friend Ian thought it was pretty cool to play in the leaves in our front yard

 Annie and Finley came to visit for a couple days

 Cameron playing with Miss Finley

Zonked out!

 I can't get enough of these pictures of Ryan with the girls, it's just so sweet

 Finley showing off a new hat

I think every parent has a gazillion pictures of their baby sleeping, but sleeping babies are so sweet, how can you not have a ton of pictures of this?  

 Lil Sis!

I can't believe Cameron used to be that little! Look at her now. :)

  Sweet baby sister smooches!

1 comment:

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Rachel!!!! I loved getting to see what you guys have been up to! Thinking about you lots and hoped life with two wasn't knocking you down too bad! SOO sweet to see Cameron as a big sis and to see precious Sydney! Hope we get to see you soon!