Monday, September 26, 2011

Painting & Pinot

Saturday night Ryan and Cameron had a father daughter date night (they went to Chick-fil-A for dinner), and I went out for a night with the girls! We went to this cute little art place in Lafayette for Painting & Pinot.

This whole Painting & Pinot thing is starting to get really popular. I'm hearing about it more and more lately. Basically, you go, drink wine, and paint. There is an art teacher there who walks you though each step of the painting process so that it actually turn out halfway decent in the end.

I, of course, couldn't partake in the Pinot portion of the evening (I opted for a chai latte instead), but the painting portion was awesome. It was fun to feel like a "real" artist mixing paints and painting on a canvas. I wouldn't say my painting was "wall hanging quality" but considering the complexity of the painting we were doing, I think it turned out ok.

I think I'll definitely do it again at some point...perhaps when I can actually drink a little wine. ;)



No comments: