Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Broomfield Days

Cameron and I made sure to make the most of our girl time while Ryan was gone at the church men's retreat this past weekend. On Saturday, we went to Broomfield Days. There was a parade, lots of booths with crafts and other cool merchandise, and even a petting zoo. Missy and Madi met us at the parade and then my mom came and met us afterwards.

Cameron was a hoot. She loved the parade and stood up dancing, clapping and waving as all the different floats came by. She was really excited when someone gave her a sucker...and then a beaded necklace...and then a beach ball...and a flag...I guess she made out pretty well! The flag made me a little nervous. It was pretty big and she was waiving it around like crazy, thus putting the rest of us in danger of getting our eyes poked out! Luckily we all made it out unscathed.

The petting zoo was another adventure. While we were waiting in line to pay to get in, Cameron somehow managed to sneak into the animal pen all by herself without anyone noticing! Then one of the goats tried to eat her gold necklace, luckily my mom was on the ball and tossed it out of the pen before the goat completely malled her. Then some other animal (I can't remember which one) kind of cornered her near the fence with its horns, which made her a little nervous. I just wish I had a video of the whole ordeal. It really was pretty funny!






We did miss Ryan, but it was kind of fun to have some girl time too! 

No comments: