Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

Three day weekends are so nice! I wish we could have more of them. We love having Ryan home for an extra day. :) This weekend he wasn't feeling a 100% though, which was a bummer, but we still had fun.

Saturday we got to watch Ryan's cousin, Nichole's, two little kiddos for a few hours. I was so glad they we're able to come over and hang out with us! We had a great time. Cameron loves playing with other kids, although we quickly learned that sharing her stuff isn't always her favorite thing to do (she threw a few little fits because she wanted what the other kiddos were playing with, like she doesn't have enough toys!).

It has obviously been awhile since we saw Nichole and her family, because the first thing Brady said when he got out of the car and saw us was, "Mom, Cameron can talk!" HAHA.

Ryan with all the kiddos, Brady (3 years old), Kinsley (11 months) and Miss Cameron

Cheese!

 We got this bouncy chair at a garage sale for $5, Brady and Cameron thought it was pretty cool.

It's a good thing she doesn't weigh too much, because she loves testing out this little chair!

After watching the three kiddos we were a little wiped out (I can't believe people actually have that many kids that close together...we would never survive!), and with Ryan not feeling completely well, we all just decided we would take it easy for the afternoon. Cameron and Ryan took naps and I worked on my blog book (yes you read that right, I'm turning my blog into a book! Yay, I'm really excited, although it's taking me awhile to get it all put together!)

Later that evening, Ryan decided to wash his car...and of course, Cameron was wanting to help him! Needless to say, we went though a few extra buckets of water, but she was a good little helper.


Sunday we spent the afternoon with my dad's brother and his family. They were here from Kansas. Cameron had a blast playing with Brett (8th grade) and Braden (5th grade). They were both really good with her.






 I decorated this birthday cake for Braden...BEAUTIFUL, I know! I had a little difficulty getting the sprinkles to stick to the side. 


Monday Ryan played golf and Cameron and I went to hang out with some friends for the morning. Good times were had by all.

Ryan and I also got Cameron's big girl room mostly put together! I think it's looking pretty cute. Next step, sleeping in the Big Girl Bed. Yikes, I don't know if I'm ready for that yet.


1 comment:

theseemanfamily said...

So now I know what Finley will look like at 11 months....Kinsley and Finley have the same little bald heads, ha!
Oh, where did y'all get your rug runners in your house?