Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Random Things

Last Thursday, I ended up going with my mom to a big consignment sale at the fair grounds near our house. I got quite a few cute outfits for Cameron and baby sis, as well as a few other things including this play vacuum...which Cameron loved! Totally worth the $1.50 I spent on it.


Last Friday, after I was done with work, Cameron and I got to go out on the lake with some family friends and Mimi. We had a great time! Cameron even got to swim in the lake. The water was a little cold for her, but she had fun overall. Plus she looked very cute in her little life vest.






Friday night was the Fair on Main Street in downtown Longmont. Cameron was completely wiped out from our day out on the lake, but we decided to go check it out for a little while anyway. They had lots of booths set up, music, kids activities, it was one of those summer time type events. This one area had a big bubble tower which was a hit.


My Aunt got a new puppy! He's a 7 week old Basset Hound and his name is Longfellow! He is so incredibly cute! I can't wait until I get to meet him in person.



Sunday, Ryan was invited to go downtown for the finish of the USA Pro Cycling Challenge (a huge professional cycling event that was in Colorado last week). A lot of the guys from the Tour de France participated in this race, so that kind of tells you the kind of event it was. Ryan had a blast! He was totally pumped when he got home, it was right up his alley. The tent he was in was only about 75ft from the finish line so he got to see everything up close and personal. Very cool.






Sunday afternoon we had Cameron's 18 month pictures taken by Corrie Kraft (she's an awesome photographer if you're looking for someone to do your family photos). Here are a few teaser shots. I'll definitely post the rest when I get them.



Every since the pictures, Cameron has taken a special interest in our cameras! Perhaps we have the makings of a little photographer??! It's very cute, but makes me a little nervous at the sametime. I can just see her dropping the camera and breaking it!



Yesterday, Cameron and I had a little bit of a mishap. I had an appointment scheduled with my OB at 9:30am. When I was getting ready to leave I was walking down the stairs holding Cameron and I accidentally tripped and took a pretty good spill down the stairs.

Jenna was coming over to watch Cameron while I was at my appointment, and I was pretty thankful that she happened to walk in right as we were collecting ourselves at the bottom of the stairs. Cameron was pretty upset, and I was a little rattled too because I had not only fallen on Cameron, but I had also fallen a on my belly a little bit. Luckily, Cameron seemed to be okay, but she was definitely upset from the whole ordeal. At that point we were running late, so I loaded everyone up in the car and we all headed to the clinic for my OB appointment.

I told Dr. Finnegan about the fall and he told me that his recommendation was to go over to the hospital to be monitored for 4 hours to make sure the baby was okay. Apparently that's the standard procedure for falls like that. I was a little hesitant to go, because the fall didn't seem like THAT big of a deal. But after thinking about it for awhile I decided it was better to be safe than sorry and I headed over to the hospital. I spent the day sitting in a hospital bed listening to baby's heartbeat and reading my book. Everything ended up being okay with the baby, thank goodness! And I'm fine too.

Jenna ended up staying with Cameron for the afternoon, THANK YOU JENNA! What a godsend that she was there and was able to stay with Cameron for the day. Based on this picture, I think it's safe to say that Cameron had a good time with her Aunt Jenna.

   

Today, we met a few friends at the zoo. We had quite the crew with 4 mommies, 6 crazy little hoodlums, and two babies in the oven. Most kids are back in school now, so it was a great day to be at the zoo...no crowds at all!






Sorry for the randomness of this post!

1 comment:

theseemanfamily said...

Uhhhhh, you definitely need to NOT be carrying your child down stairs!! No bueno! Sheesh, how scary!
But glad you are ok :)