Sunday, June 19, 2011

InfoComm 2011

The trade show that we were attending in Orlando is called InfoComm. It's the big show for the ProAV (professional audio-visual) industry. There was probably around 35,000 people attending the week long event. The big part of the event is the three day expo from Wednesday through Friday. Hundreds of companies set up booths featuring their products and services. It's pretty crazy how much time, money and energy goes into these things, but I guess it's valuable because people continue to show up every year.

2011 marks USAV's 10 year anniversary, so we had a lot going on during the show. An anniversary party for our partners on Tuesday night, a booth at the expo, a treasure hunt for our dealers, advertisements, etc. All in all, I think I would have to say the show was a success. There were a few hiccups along the way (which from what I gather is pretty much par for the course), but the party was well attended, our booth looked great, a lot of people participated in the treasure hunt and our advertising looked pretty sharp.

 The booth from the front

 The booth from the back

Our banner, it was huge...16' x 27'

While my dad and I were hard at work, Cameron and Granne were having a lot of fun.









By the end of the week we were all exhausted. Cameron from all the playing, Granne from all the babysitting, and me and my dad from all the work. I was happy that I was able to spend Saturday morning with Cameron at the pool. She is such a hoot! Swimming at the pool is definitely her new favorite thing to do.




Here are a few other fun Cameron pictures.





I think that the one thing I realized after working so much this week is that I'm really thankful that I don't have to work full time. It was really hard leaving Cameron all day every day, not to mention by the time I was done in the evening I was tired. I'm so thankful that I have the opportunity to work part time...and from home. That's the perfect mix of the professional world and the mommy world.

No comments: