Sunday, June 19, 2011

The Happiest Place on Earth

Last week was another long and exhausting week. USAV (the company I work for part time) was exhibiting at a big industry trade show in Orlando and, as the marketing person, I was responsible for coordinating all of the "stuff" for the show. It actually works out pretty well. I work for my dad, so he was already going on the trip, so all I had to do was convince my mom to tag along. That way I could bring Cameron and she and Granne could hangout while my dad and I were working. Granne was happy to take on the babysitting job, so we were all set. 

We all flew out together on Sunday morning. For those of you who follow this blog, you know that Cameron isn't really the best of flyers because she is so darn busy she never calms down enough to fall asleep. WELL, apparently my dad had the magic touch. He had some big headphones that Cameron used to watch movies and listen to music. Those headphones were pure magic because they helped her calm down enough to zonk out and she slept for a good part of the flight. Yay!



I'll get into a little more detail on the work portion of the trip later, but for now I want focus on the the most exciting part of the trip...we got to go to Disney World!

Monday we took a play day and my mom, dad, Cameron and I went to Magic Kingdom. It was AWESOME! We had a blast. I know Cameron probably won't remember a lot of it, but she had a great time. She loved the rides, the people, the food, the performances and all the cool Disney loot that Superpop and Granne got for her. We stayed at the park for a good part of the morning and early afternoon, then went back to the hotel for a nap and dinner before heading back to the park for the light show and fireworks.   

I definitely see why this place has been coined The Happiest Place on Earth!

 Getting ready to go see Mickey and Minnie

 Let's get this show on the road!

 Riding the fairy over to Magic Kingdom

 Saying hi to Walt Disney and Minnie Mouse

 In front of the princess castle

 Riding the carousel

 Checking out Pooh Bear's house

 Watching Mickey and Minnie in a show in front of the castle

 Taking a power nap before the parade

 Hanging out with Superpop on Main Street

 1st Visit button (I've actually never been to Disney World either, but I didn't get a button, sad!)

 Watching the parade with all the Disney characters

 Check out Cameron's new Minnie Mouse hat!

 Granne bought her a Minnie Mouse purse too!

 Nap time, she was OUT!

 Heading back to the park for the firework show

 We caught the very end of the light parade

 Yay for the fireworks!

Watching the fireworks, look at that silly face

No comments: