Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Good Bye Condo

The condo was our first home together. It was where we brought Cameron home from the hospital. We have had a lot of great memories there the last five year, so I knew I would get emotional at some point throughout the moving process, I just didn't know exactly when the tears would hit.

Well, come Saturday I was still holding strong. No tears, probably because things had just been so busy and I hadn't had time to think about the fact that we weren't going back to the condo. Whatever the reason, I was pretty impressed with myself. I actually thought I might make it through the whole thing without an emotional breakdown. Then on Saturday morning we went over to the condo to pick up the reaming odds and ends that were left after all the furniture had been moved. And that's when the tears hit in a major way.

The second I walked into the condo and saw it empty, I lost it. It was just such a weird feeling to walk in there and see that "our home" was no longer. It was so big and empty. I couldn't help but think about how we wouldn't be coming back there again. It was the end of a chapter.

I quickly busied myself with loading the remaining items into the car so I would have something to distract me, which was pretty effective at getting my mind off the whole thing. But when we walked out and I told Cameron to say bye-bye to the condo, I definitely felt the tears coming on again. I was thankful I was driving the car over to the new house by myself so I could get it out of my system.

It's not that I'm sad to be moving on. Quite the contrary really, I'm extremely excited about the new house and what the Lord has in store for us there. It's just a little sad to think that that phase of our life is over, that it's all just a memory. But such is life, right? 

So with that, I bid our Condo adieu.


Bye-Bye Unit G. 
Thanks for all the good memories.  

No comments: