Wednesday, May 11, 2011

17 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights


How far along: 17 weeks, 3 days

Size of baby: 5 inches, 5 ounces (about the weight of a turnip)

Total weight gain/loss: Not really sure and I'm not at home this weeks so I don't have my scale nearby to check. (And to be honest, after last time I'm not to anxious to get on the scale again! HA!)

Maternity clothes: I'm at the point where I need to wear either maternity clothes or very stretchy/forgiving normal clothes to be comfortable. Last weekend I had a little bit of a breakdown because I started to go through my closet to find something to wear and nothing fit! I feel like I've reached that point where I'm showing, but not enough that people look at me and know that I'm pregnant, so ultimately, I just feel chubby all the time. I know it's just part of the process, but yuck! I did go out Monday night and by several pairs of maternity capris and shorts because I realized that I didn't have any summer maternity pants. When I was pregnant with Cameron, my second and third trimesters were in the winter, so a lot of those clothes aren't going to work very well this time around.

Gender: Still don't know, but we will find out two weeks from today!

Movements: I've started feeling little flutters/flicks pretty low kind of between my hip bones. Since that is supposedly where my uterus has expanded to at this point, I figure that must be baby moving around. The movements haven't been very consistent yet, but there seems to be a bit of a pattern forming.

Sleep: I'm still not sleeping great, but it hasn't been completely horrible either.

What I miss: Not having to pee every five minutes!

Cravings: Haven't really had any cravings. My eating has been relatively normal, considering.

Symptoms: Still feeling pretty good.

Best moment of the week: I got to hold my newborn niece! She was born today at 12:33pm and was so little and perfect. Her name is Finley Marie, don't you love it?! My sister-in-law rocked her labor. It only took about 4 hours, then she pushed for 15 minutes or so and that was it...pretty awesome! I know this doesn't have anything to do with my pregnancy, but being around a brand new baby is such an incredible thing. It's exciting to think that Ryan and I will be going though the same process and welcoming our own new little baby into the world in just a few short months. I can't wait! (More to come about Miss Finley later, that's just a little preview for now!)

No comments: