Thursday, April 21, 2011

The NJ Shore

Last weekend Cameron and I flew out to New Jersey with my mom and my sister to visit my mom's family. We flew out on Saturday morning and got to my grandparents house about dinner time that evening. It's kind of a long trip, especially since Miss Cameron decided to stay awake all but 30 minutes of our almost 4 hour flight and the entire car ride to my grandparent's house! She's just at kind of a tricky age for traveling because she doesn't stay entertained by things for more than a few minutes at a time, and she most certainly DOES NOT want to have to sit still for an extended period of time. Not to mention that everything was just so exciting she couldn't calm down to take a little snooze.

All of my aunts and uncles were at my grandparent's house when we got there for dinner. And so were my aunt's basset hounds, Abbey and Shakespeare. Cameron loved the dogs. She would go back and forth between the patio where the dogs where and inside and had a blast.


 Cameron and Miss Abbey

 Goofy girl

 Hanging with the doggies

 Helping Great Grandma blow out her candles

 Cameron and her buddy Uncle Bob

We're still working on being gentle! Luckily the doggies were great and didn't mind Cameron's craziness.

Sunday morning we went to church and Cameron sat through the entire service with us and did great. I was really surprised. She usually goes to the nursery at our church so this was definitely a little different for her. Sunday night my aunt hosted a birthday dinner for my grandma's 81st birthday! It was really nice and the food was awesome! (She's a great cook). Cameron was exhausted by Sunday night.

Grandma showing Cameron my uncle's plaque in the little cemetery at the church, he passed away when I was 10.

 Playing with her ball, look at that coordinating outfit! The ball even matches. HA 

 My aunt got a whole bunch of toys from a friend to keep Cameron occupied, she liked jamming out on this piano.

 My sweet grandma and grandpa

 All the girls: Jenna, Grandma, Me, Cameron, Mom and Aunt Mac

Cameron with Uncle Bobby and Uncle Ray

Monday we went to the beach. It's still too cold to actually play at the beach, but I wanted to take Cameron so she could check it out. She was fascinated by the ocean, but a little unsure of it at the same time. I tipped her over so she could put her hand in the water, but it was a little too cold for her liking. After the beach we went shopping and went to lunch with my grandma and my aunts. Cameron had ice cream for dessert, which I'm pretty sure was a first for her. Monday night my uncle brought over his Portuguese water dog, which Cameron, of course, loved! (I told her daddy he better watch out because it's not going to be long before she's asking for a doggie of her own!)


 4 generations of hands in the sand, getting this picture was a little more difficult than it was last year!

 4 generations

 Checking out the ocean

 Granne and Miss Cameron strolling on the inlet

 My Aunt Anne works at a bank, this was a picture in front of the vault (which was actually just the safe deposit boxes, but I was still excited). Notice what Cameron is fascinated with...a lollipop!

 Don't worry, we finally took the rapper off and gave her a lick, she loved it!

Cameron peting the puppy

We were supposed to fly home Tuesday morning, but when we went online to check in for our flight we discovered that our flight had been canceled...and no one had told us. Awesome. Thank goodness my dad is "Super-Travel-Agent-Man" because he was able to get us on another flight that evening. Oh well, the delay in our departure gave us some extra time to go shopping at the Carter's and OshKosh outlets, and I got a bunch of cute stuff for Cameron.

The only bad thing about the whole flight debacle, was we ended up having had three middle seats in the back of the plane on the new flight. I was a little worried about how that was going to go with my little wiggle worm on my lap. But luckily, my dad worked his magic again and was able to get us switched to an isle and a middle seat right next to each other. Which ended up being a Godsend because, Cameron decided yet again that she wasn't going to sleep the entire flight home. I thought for sure she would, after all it was past her bed time by the time the flight actually took off (an hour late). But she fought though and didn't fall asleep until the airplane touched down in Denver. Yeah I'm not joking!

Anyway, Ryan picked us up at the airport and we headed home. I was so glad he was there to get us.

All in all it was a great trip. My mom's family doesn't really get to see Cameron besides the pictures and videos I post on the blog, so I was so glad we got to spend some time with everyone.

No comments: