Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Bottle

Cameron is really into opening and closing doors and cabinets lately. And then, of course, once she gets a cabinet or door open she is very interested in checking out what's inside. A few days ago she discovered a stash of little travel bottles that Ryan and I have in our bathroom closet. They seemed to keep her entertained so I thought, great, a new toy. She would take the top off and then try to put it back on, carry it around with her, you get the point.

WELL...these great toys quickly turned into NOT so great little toys. Mostly because she started to get so frustrated when she couldn't get the top on or off correctly. I finally decided I should probably take them away from her, but oh my goodness you would have thought the world had ended! She got so mad at me for taking away her toy. (I think we're starting to see some fun little tantrums come out of our sweet little girl :(. Oh my, oh my, oh my.)

Needless to say, I haven't really made a decision on what to do with the bottles. They really do keep her occupied nicely for awhile...but then, well here are some pictures so you can see for yourself.

 See, great little toy, just the right size for her to carry around...

 And hold and play with...

And then all the sudden, SNAP, she looses it! What in the world!

2 comments:

theseemanfamily said...

We'll just assume she gets that sassiness from her dad!!! ha!
It's kinda funny watching them get so frustrated, you just have to laugh at them sometimes :)

Unknown said...

Totally understand that! Sean will want to play with things that aren't toys and I let him b/c he is happy. Then it becomes a problem so I take it away and he throws a fit really well. Just today I was thinking that he's in a 'preventative stage'. I have to do things to prevent problems from arising. Like moving things out of his reach or sight. I still want him to learn to deal with disappointment, i.e. getting a toy taken away. But man these are some tough months. I sure hope he won't be this moody all his life!