Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Counting Down

Those of you who have known me for awhile know that I'm a big fan of countdowns. In high school I would spend months counting down to my birthday, in college I would always have a countdown to the last day of school in my planner, when Ryan and I were engaged we made a five month long paper chain counting down to our wedding day (my idea of course), and when I was preggers with Cameron I diligently checked each week off the calendar as it came and went.

All this to say, last weekend I got on a countdown kick and suggested we start a countdown to our moving day. I'm starting to get pretty anxious about moving. It seems like forever since we started the journey of purchasing a new house and I'm just ready for it to be over with and for us to be living in our new house already.

When I suggested starting the countdown, I told Ryan that I would make a chart and put it on the fridge, then he shocked me by suggesting a paper chain. (Now let me just explain to you, when we got engaged and I had the brilliant idea of making a super long paper chain he wasn't exactly ecstatic. But he did go along with the whole plan because that's what you do when you're madly in love and anxiously awaiting being married to the woman of your dreams.) ;-) Well that was all I needed, less than 24 hours later we had ourselves a beautiful paper chain! Woohoo! Bring on moving day!


NOTE: Annie if you're reading this, cut about 20 links off this paper chain (or more) and you have countdown to Baby Seeman! Yay! When you look at it like that it doesn't seem so far away huh?

In other news, Cameron has mastered climbing up and down the little step latter in our closet. Yesterday I couldn't pull her away she was having so much fun. She would climb up, play with my clothes, pull socks out of the baskets and throw them on the floor, climb down, and on and on and on. As I sat and watched her I couldn't help be amazed that my little girl isn't so little anymore. Where has the time gone?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Miss Cameron is taking right after her mother. Rachel always was playing in the closet. K.C. wasn't exactly happy about his shoes being mess up or missing! :)

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Rachel! I love it! A true teacher's daughter :) I also LOVE paper chains!!!! I seriously just contemplated making one last week...:) excited for your move!