Monday, February 1, 2010

It's February! - 38 Weeks

Baby Volk is the size of a leek!

Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com
Read about how the baby is developing


Last week I messed up and posted the 38 week food photo instead of the 37 week food photo. Sorry about that! Hopefully I didn't confuse anyone too badly, but my guess no one really noticed because who the heck knows what Swiss chard is anyway? It certainly doesn't ever make it onto my grocery list! However, to avoid any further confusion the 37 week food photo has been updated, so you can look back if you want to see what Swiss chard ACTUALLY looks like!

So here we are, we've made it to February. After nine months of awaiting this little girls arrival we are down to the final strokes. For the most part, I'm still feeling pretty good. It's getting a little more difficult to propel myself out of bed in the middle of the night for my frequent trips to the bathroom and I'm starting to get a little sore down in "that" region. But, all things considered, I really don't have much to complain about.

I had another doctors appointment on Friday and the doctor said that things seem to be progressing nicely. I've started dilating a little bit, which is good. Apparently, you wanna get as many "freebies" as possible before you go into labor (or at least that's what they tell me). Since our last appointment, the baby has changed positions. Now she's on my right side and is in the posterior or sunny-side up position, which you don't want because it usual results in a more painful labor. She is still head down though which is good. The doctor told me that I could try sitting on all fours to see if we could get gravity to help move her into an anterior position, so I might give that a try.

We've got furniture in the baby's room now. YEA! It only took us three trips down to Westminster to get everything picked up, (the boxes were pretty darn big so it took us a few attempts to get everything loaded up successfully). I've made quite a bit of progress getting everything in the room organized. I think we just need to make one more trip to Target before we get things finished up. I'll post pictures when we're done.

I think that just about covers everything for now. We'll continue to keep everyone posted on any new developments.

Profile shot, January 30, 2010

P.S. Dr. Finnegan was wearing Ryan's Dr. Finnegan shirt on Friday when I went to see him! It was the exact same. HAHA

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So excited!! And are you fitting in an old crew shirt!? Good for you and staying small, haha

Rachel said...

"Fitting" into the shirt is a little bit of a stretch. Notice that it's pretty stinkin' tight! But, I'm starting to run out of t-shirts with extra room, so a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do. :-) I figured I might as well represent Baylor CREW while I was at it.

Unknown said...

you're SO CLOSE!! I'm so excited for you and Ryan!!

Bare Family said...

You are soooo beautiful!! I think women are most beautiful on their wedding day and the end of their pregnancies... You definitely were and are!!

Wishing you all the best!! Love ya,
Lora and Crew.

Anonymous said...

love to feel your hardclit and play with yourpussy while I cumin your ass