Monday, January 25, 2010

Full Term - 37 Weeks

Baby Volk is the size of Swiss chard!

Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com
Read about how baby is developing

A couple things I would like to bring to your attention:

1) Countdown to baby is now in the teens...
2) Baby's weight is approx. 6.9 lbs...
3) Baby's room is not yet organized, but NEEDS to be...
4) The doctor gave us the official "what to do if ____" talk...
5) My to do before baby list is getting shorter...

...and you know what all that means, the end is near (or the beginning depending on how you look at things)...HOLY COW, I can't believe it!

I think the hardest thing right now is not knowing when baby is going to decide to make her debut. It makes planning very difficult! (Go figure you're hearing that from the planning queen). I know everything will be fine, she'll come in God's timing... but I just wish I had a little more insight into when that is going to be. :-)

Here are a couple new photos.

This is Ryan showing off his Dr. Finnegan shirt. (Our baby doctor always wears plaid shirts, so when Ryan ordered this new shirt I got really excited and immediately started calling it his Dr. Finnegan shirt).



Profile Shot, January 25, 2010

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are adorable!! and here is a totally random note of advice that i got from a mother of 6. She says that if you plan on going natural, best to stay at home for as long as possible. I guess because once you get into the hospital you're tempted by the drugs or they continually offer them. Easy to say for someone thats been through a birth or two, or six! I would have no idea how long to wait/ not wait. But anyway, just thought I'd pass that along. I don't even know if you're going natural.
So excited for you guys! You're going to be a super champ momma!

andersons2002 said...

I love reading your blog b/c it's just like having a conversation with you! Did you go to the doctor today??? Any dialation news??? What the heck is a swiss chard??? I guess I need to look that up! I hope baby girl Volk is a little more plump than the picture of the swiss chard! You look so stinkin cute preggers! I know right about now you aren't feeling that way, but you do! Ryan is a goof! Can't wait to see everyone tonight! yay!

Lauren Heyl said...

Oh my gosh - SO EXCITED for you guys!! I can't wait to see pics :) It's getting so close!!! Praying for you!