Monday, January 4, 2010

The Year of Baby - 34 Weeks

Baby Volk is the size of a cantaloupe!

Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com
Read about how the baby is developing

Well it's finally here, 2010 - the year of baby! Can you believe it, next month Ryan and I will be parents! I'm so excited.

New Years Eve was really low key this year, but a lot of fun. We spent the evening with Matt and Angela and their friends from Texas. Matt and Angela have a new ping pong table and Ryan bought Tiger Woods Golf for our Wii, so we definitely had plenty of activities to keep us busy. We all made it to midnight which was pretty impressive all things considered (Angela's friend and I are both preggers and Angela has two little ones).

On Saturday, Ryan and I ordered furniture for the baby's room. The store was crazy busy when we were there, so I was a little stressed out when we left, but everything should be ready for us to pickup in 7 to 14 days! (With the exception of the dresser which is currently out of stock so sadly we're going to have the wait a few more days to get it ordered). We also had our carpets cleaned, so we're definitely making progress on getting the house ready for baby.

Annie Walsh, my bestest friend from high school, stopped by on Sunday afternoon to visit and check out all the new baby stuff we've accumulated so far. She lives in Washington D.C. now so we don't get to see her very often. It was great to have a chance to catch up. Annie and her mom got us some of the cutest little baby things—a little newborn outfit and bath stuff—I still can't believe that my child is going to be wearing/using it all soon...crazy.

Fatigue has set in pretty intensely these last few days. Making it through the afternoon at work has proven to be extremely challenging and I can only imagine that it's going to get worse over the next six weeks. I'm really looking forward to handing off my work responsibilities and starting the process of transitioning out of the company. It's definitely good timing.

That's all I've got for now. Here are some photos:

Me and Annie

Annie feeling baby move

Ryan demonstrating baby's position (nerd!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

haha, love it! Congrats for only 6 weeks left!! I wasn't pregnant that long, haha. I had Sean 8 weeks early. Not to scare you but make sure your bags are ready by the door. You never know when God wants your little one to arrive. Luckily we live uber close to the hospital.
So excited for you and Ryan! can't wait to see baby girl Volk.
So "transitioning out of the company"? You are going to stay at home?

Lauren Heyl said...

Happy New Year baby Volk!! Can't wait 'til Saturday! Great pics Rachel :)

Rachel said...

Christi - Yep, I'm going to stay at home, at least for awhile. I'll probably end up trying to find a part time job after a few months depending on how things go. I was actually thinking about you the other day. What a surprise to go into labor 8 weeks early! I can't even imagine.

andersons2002 said...

Love this post! I love Ryan trying to imitate baby! See you Saturday! xoxo

Unknown said...

It was great to see you both and I can't wait to meet the little one!!