Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Third Trimester - 28 Weeks

Baby Volk is the size of a Chinese cabbage!

Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com

Lots of exciting news to report. I had a doctors appointment last Wednesday and everything went really well. I had my glucose screening (where you drink the really sugary orange drink so they can see how your body reacts) and everything appears to be a-okay. I also had another ultrasound and got to see our little girl! I'm happy to report that she actually looks human now! She had her hands up by her face and was making a chewing motion with her mouth. It was really cute. The doctor said she might be trying to find her hands to suck on. Haha, she's already acting like a little baby - I'm loving it!

She also seems to have gotten really active the past few days. My ribs have been getting jabbed quite frequently - it's actually pretty cool. (I'm sure I won't be saying that a month from now!)

Saturday was Ryan's birthday! We celebrated by going to Lucile's for breakfast. Yummy! It was our last birthday celebration before we're parents. Crazy to think about huh?

Annie and Cole flew in on Monday so we've gotten to spend the last few nights with them. Cole is so much bigger than when we saw him in July and he is definitely on the move now! It's so neat to see him growing up.

Profile shot, November 23, 2009

Mr. Cole

3 comments:

tracyseeman said...

Rachel and Ryan...Congratulations! We look forward to meeting your sweet baby girl in the future and are so excited for the Volk family. Cole and she will be great friends and so much fun in the upcoming years. Enjoy this time in your life for it flies by quickly! Tracy

Lauren Heyl said...

And a cute new hair cut!! Love it! Looking forward to seeing you & Ryan on Thursday for dinner :) Should be some good times :)

Rebecca said...

hey rachel! it took me a while, but i finally found your blog again! :) you look so cute in my shirt! so glad you get to use some of my maternity clothes rather than them just sitting in a bin in my basement. you look great!