Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Excited to be a Mom - 26 Weeks

Baby Volk is the size of an English cucumber!

Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com

Can I just tell you how excited I am to be a mom? VERY EXCITED. It's starting to seem a little bit more real now that we're getting close to the third trimester. I was looking at some pictures of some of our friends little babies and it really made me get excited. I can wait to start taking pictures of our little girl! After all, we only have about 14 more weeks to go. When you look at it like that it seems really soon!

Another thing that made everything seem a little more real was Ryan and I went and registered over the weekend. There is something about picking out the stuff that you're actually going to be using for the baby that takes things to a whole new level. Honestly, it was a little bit overwhelming. We are so clueless about baby stuff right now! But we survived. I don't think Ryan thought he'd make it when we opened up the registry book and the first item on the list was a breast pump! But he was a trooper and went through the entire store with me. We were just glad that we had some friends to call for advice on brands, quantities, etc. That was a life saver.

As a little reward, after we finished registering we went and spent the night in Denver. It was really fun. I figure we better do some stuff like that now, because come February it's not going to be quite as easy to take off.


Profile Shots, November 9, 2009

No comments: