Thursday, October 10, 2013

Chicago

A couple times a year I get to travel for work. At the beginning of October was one of those times, and this time I got to go to Chicago. The original plan was to have Ryan come with so we could enjoy the city together for a few days before the meeting. But that didn't end up working out, so I went by myself. This was my first time in Chicago, so I have to admit, I was kind of excited.

The first day I was there was a little bit of a free day, so I spent several hours just walking around the city. I went for a run along the river running path, visited Navy Pier and the giant bean thingy. It was amazing! The weather was perfect and I had a great time even though I was all by myself.











Then as part of our meeting we had dinner at Willis Tower (a.k.a. Sears Tower) and we got to go up to the SkyDeck right at sunset! It was so cool. We had amazing views of the city. I even stood in the glass box hanging over the edge of the building. I'm not going to lie, it was a little scary! (I was too cheap to buy the actual photo, so I just did a screen shot, thus the PROOF all over it).






The last night we were there our group went to a traditional "Chicago Pizza" place. It was pretty yummy. We ended up having a ton of extra food, so I got the bright idea of brining this bad boy home with me on the airplane to reward my hubby for taking care of the kiddos for a couple days all by himself. Yes, I know, I'm a little crazy! But I managed to get it all wrapped up and home successfully!


I would have to say, I'm definitely a fan of Chicago! I really liked the city and hope to go back some day for a true vacation with the hubby.

No comments: