Saturday, September 1, 2012

Updates

{NOTE: this post got a little out of control!}

The big news in our house this week.... SYDNEY IS WALKING! That's right, she's finally made it to the point that she's choosing to walk a lot of the time. I think that we're in trouble!




In other news:

Girls Weekend
Last weekend I had a girls weekend! Part one of the girls weekend was celebrating Miss Annie Walsh's last days as a single woman at her bachelorette party in Denver. Part two was two nights in Keystone with one of my favorites, Miss Melissa Sells. 

The highlight of the bachelorette (besides, of course, hanging out with some wonderful ladies) was dinner at Biker Jim's Gourmet Hot Dogs. It was awesome. They had all kinds of unique hot dogs. I had a Southwest Buffalo dog topped with Biker Jim's Classic (cream cheese and caramelized onions). All I have to say is YUMMY! (Mac this is totally your type of place. Next time you come to visit we are so there!)

After the bachelorette on Friday night, I met Melissa and we drove up to Keystone. The weekend was filled with sleeping in, massages, pool time, eating and just plain old sitting. It was really nice.    

Cycling
While I was up in the mountains, Ryan was in charge of the girls. However, it just so happened that he had the opportunity to go see the last stage of the Pro Cycling Challenge in Denver on Sunday. He ended up dropping the girls at my parents on Saturday night so he would be able to go to the cycling event on Sunday. 

He had a blast at the event. He got a jersey signed by the United Healthcare team, had a few photo opps with some of the riders, got some cool gear, etc. Then the next morning, he "ditched work" and went for a ride WITH SOME OF THE PROS! Rory Sutherland and Ben Day were two of the guys. Pretty freakin' cool!






Birthday Celebration     
Tuesday was my wonderful mom-in-law's birthday! Cameron and Sydney got to hang out with Mimi all day on her birthday, which was fun for them (hopefully fun for her too!). On Wednesday evening we went out for dinner to celebrate, and THEN on Friday we got to go to Mimi's birthday party. (A week long birthday celebration... that's the way to do it!!) Cameron and Sydney made her this fun little card. 


Red Rocks
Ryan and I went to see Mumford & Sons at Red Rocks on Tuesday night. It was so fun. We were with good friends, the weather was perfect and the show was amazing! They were such a fun group. I'm usually not much of a concert person, but this was definitely one I enjoyed.








Wiped Out
Ryan and I were pretty tired on Wednesday morning. We didn't get back from the concert until 1:00am and we are NOT used to being up that late. The girls were in good spirits though. Aunt Jenna came and spent the night with us so that the girls could go to bed at home. It worked out great.





Preschool
Cameron started preschool on Thursday. We decided to send her one day a week from about 9:00am - 1:00pm. She seemed to love it. When we got there she ran off to the playground without even looking back. Here are a few pictures from the back to school night at her school last week. And then, of course, the obligatory first day of school picture. Doesn't she look like a big girl? Kind of sad for momma (Tear).






A few other randoms...

Dressing Up
This isn't really news, but I did a little photo shoot of Miss Sydney a few days ago. This was a dress from when my sister and I were little. It's still a little big, but Sydney looked pretty cute. Isn't she a little ham?




Practicing Up
As I mentioned in a previous post, Cameron has been obsessed with our wedding video lately. And most recently, she's been practicing for her maid of honor speeches at Finley and Sydney's wedding. :)


Mommy Brain
Ryan thinks I have a problem... I'm blaming it on having a crazy life.


Cucumbers Galore
Our "garden" is producing! We've gotten a ton of cucumbers lately. I know, I know they look weird. I thought the same thing at first. It's because it's a different kind of cucumber. They are called lemon cucumbers. We also have a tomato plant that is working on some tomatoes, so hopefully we have those soon too.



East Coast Adventures
My mom and dad and sister went to New Jersey last week to visit my grandparents. I was totally bummed that we couldn't be there with them, but that's just the way it goes. We did get to Facetime with them, which was fun for the girls. While she was there, my sister got to meet my aunt's new little puppy, Gertie. She is so cute!



Clothing Swap
A couple weeks ago some friends and I got together and had a clothing swap. It was awesome. Everyone brings the cloths they're sick of and then you just go through the piles and pick out the things you want for yourself. It's a great way to refresh your wardrobe without spending any money. Anyway, I got the purse for Cameron at the swap. She was a big fan.


Cuteness
And last but not least, this is just cute. sasdf

No comments: