Sunday, January 29, 2012

Potty Training Fail

Today marked day 4 of potty training....and we're using the 3 Day Potty Training method. So I think that tells you how successful we've been. Day 3 was more of the same from days 1 and 2. We had accident after accident after accident. At one point last night she yelled potty and ran into the bathroom and sat on the potty for a second. I was hopeful, thinking maybe we had reached a turning point. But it never happened again.

This morning, I was getting super frustrated. I held up a diaper and a pair of panties and asked her which ones she wanted to wear. She pointed to the panties. That had to be a good sign right? No. A few minutes later I asked her where she was going to go to the potty when she had to go again and she pointed to the floor. Clearly she knows what's going on and is making the choice not to go in the potty.

So, we're done. At least for now. I'll wait a few months and try again, hopefully with more success. It would have been awesome if it worked. But it didn't, so that's that. Part of me is mad about the whole thing, but then I look at this sweet face and I can't stay mad for very long.


One good thing about throwing in the towel, I got to leave the house for the first time in three and a half days. I've never been so excited to go to church in my whole life.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh well! Toddler poops aren't fun but one day we'll miss changing those diapers! Wait... What? Uh well you know someday we'll miss their little- ness, that involves such things as diapers and paci's, haha.
Your girls are so cute. I hope we make it to CO someday, while Sean is still young so they can meet and play!
I'll let you know when we try our hand at potty training

Mackenzie Turrill said...

Oh my goodness Rachel, on a mommy world that seems like everyone has potty success, let me tell u that it took mimi a loooooooong time. Like we are talking A YEAR! So average that out with the three day thing and if Cameron is somewhere in the middle there you are doing good. It can be so hard! Hang in there (and yay for leaving the house!!!!:)

Lora and Crew said...

Rachel - Did I ever tell you it took us weeks before Brooke figured it out? She figured out the whole potty part in a few days... but that poop part??? well that's a whole other story. At one point I was bribing her with pretty much anything she wanted... but she would just go into the corner and hold it in. (She went SEVERAL days without pooping!!) When I'd ask her is she wanted to go poop on the potty, she'd say, "I already did dat" (she seriously thought it was one time deal!)

I finally got to the point where I'd put a diaper on her in the morning (so she could poop) then put panties on her the rest of the day. Ah... the memories!!

Love Ya,
Lora...

Anonymous said...

Hey both of them are sexy little girls I would love to fill both their holes up

Anonymous said...

me too I love little girls or boys