Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Review

2011 was a very eventful and busy year for our family! We had a lot of exiting things happen and we are grateful for how God has shaped and changed our lives. Here are the highlights, both good and bad.  

----------------------------------------------
January
We went to Keystone with Papa and Mimi and took Cameron snowshoeing for the first time.
We spent the weekend in Breckenridge with our friends the Solomons.

February
Cameron learned to walk.
We celebrated Cameron's 1st birthday.
Our condo was put on the market.
We found out we were having another baby.

March
We started to tell friends and family about our little bun in the oven.
We went to the Baylor vs. CU women's basketball game. 

April
Cameron and I went to New Jersey to celebrate Grandma Summer's birthday.
We celebrated Easter at Superpop and Granne's house.

May
Our sweet niece, Finley Marie, was born.
Cameron and I got to got to Texas to meet Finley.
We found out that baby #2 was a girl.
Ryan and I went to the U2 concert at Invesco field.
I left Cameron for the first time to go to Memphis for a few days for a work meeting.
I got to celebrate my 2nd Mother's Day with my sweet girl and hubby.
Grandma and Grandpa Volk came to visit from North Dakota.
My cousin Jeff and his family came to visit from Nebraska.

June
We moved into our new house. 
We spent a week in Breckenridge relaxing and playing.
Cameron and I went to Disney World.
I coordinated USAV's trade show presence at InfoComm.
We celebrated Ryan's 2nd Father's Day.   

July
We went to North Dakota to celebrate Grandma & Grandpa Volk's 60th wedding anniversary.
Ryan and I celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary.
Ryan got bursitis in his knee.

August
I got selected for jury duty.
We went to Sonoma, CA to celebrate Blake & Emily's wedding.
Mr. Shakespeare (my doggie nephew) went to doggie heaven.
Ryan got to go to the USA Pro Cycling Challenge finish in Denver. 
I got a new doggie nephew, Longfellow.

September
Cameron started sleeping in her big girl bed.
We started a small group with several couples from our church.
My Uncle Stewart and his family came to visit from Kansas.

October
Our sweet baby, Sydney Kate, was born!
We hosted an Open House to show off our new house.
Annie and Finley came to Colorado to meet Sydney.
Cameron dressed up as a skunk and went Trick-Or-Treating for Halloween.

November
Ryan and I celebrated our birthdays.
We hosted our first Thanksgiving in our new house.
We took Cameron to her first movie theater movie.

December
We celebrated our first Christmas as a family of four.
Cameron and Sydney went to go see Santa.
Aunt Mac came to visit from Virgina so she could meet Sydney.

----------------------------------------------

There you have it folks. That pretty much sums up our year. Yay for a great 2011 and here's to 2012 and the memories we have yet to make.

No comments: