Sunday, July 24, 2011

28 Weeks

Pregnancy Highlights


How far along: 28 weeks, 0 days

Size of baby: 2 lbs 4 ounces (about the weight of a Chinese cabbage), 14.8 inches from head to heel

Total weight gain: When I went to the doctor this week, I weighed in at 28.5 lbs more than when I weighed myself the day I took the positive pregnancy test.

Maternity clothes: Yes

Gender: Pink, pink and more pink (and a little bit of purple too)

Movements: Baby's movements are starting to be big sweeping movements across my belly, as opposed to just the small jabs or kicks that I felt at first. I guess at 2+ lbs she's just starting to get a little crammed in there. It's really fun to feel her move around, and just think about holding those same little hands and feet that are currently boxing inside my belly.

Sleep: Still sleeping pretty well at night. I think I've just about mastered the "walk to the bathroom without hardly opening my eyes" shuffle in our new house. My new bed to bathroom path took a little bit of getting used to, but I've got it pretty well down pat now...which is very important for handling the 50 gazillion trips I take to the bathroom every night. (It's ridiculous how much you have to pee when you're preggers!)

What I miss: My normal clothes. I know it's kind of strange. Most people love their maternity clothes because they are so comfy (which, don't get me wrong, they definitely are comfortable). But I kind of miss getting dressed up and looking cute in my normal clothes.

Cravings: Nothing really.

Symptoms: Just a little soreness, but nothing crazy that I can really think of.

Best moment of the week: Having a date night with my honey and going to see Harry Potter. It was really nice to spend some one on one time with him. It's amazing how little of that time you get once you have a little hoodlum running around all over the place!

Also, this week I realized how close we're getting to welcoming this little girl into the world! Throughout the majority of your pregnancy you go see the doctor once a month. Then as you get closer to the end, your visits get more frequent moving to once every three weeks, two weeks, and then every week at the very end. Well at this weeks appointment, the Doc said he'd like to see me in three weeks, and then to go ahead and make another appointment three weeks after that. He said we'll probably do one appointment two weeks after that and then we'll be down to every week.

Okay, so that may not seem like very soon to you, but to me, that seems like it's pretty much tomorrow! It's funny, part of me is so excited for it be October so we can meet this little girl, but then another part of me doesn't want to rush the summer too much. Summer is my favorite time of year and I'm going to have to wait forever for it to be summer again, so I figure I better enjoy it while it's here.

No comments: