Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breckenridge

We spent last weekend up in Breckenridge with our family friends the Solomons and we had a great time! Ryan actually skied at Copper Mountain with some friends on Friday, then I picked him up and we headed over to Breckenridge at the end of the day. Ryan and I both skied on Saturday, although not at the same time. I skied in the morning and he skied in the afternoon. I really enjoyed it even though I was all by myself. The weather was really nice (not cold which I hate) so it was a perfect day for me.

The only downside of the weekend was Cameron had a really rough night Friday night. She has two new teeth coming in and she was up crying on and off all night. Poor baby! I didn't have any Tylenol with me, so there was really nothing much that I could do but rock her and try to calm her down. When her first two teeth came in she had the stomach bug, so we never really got to see how she reacted, now we know. Hopefully all her teeth don't hurt as much.

Every year Breckenridge has a snow sculpture competition and this years happened to be last weekend. It was really cool to walk around downtown and see the different designs that people come up with. Some of them were really intricate.

 I think this was my favorite sculpture, it's kind of hard to see, but it was really neat.

 This one was called "Marco Polo" like the game you played in the pool as a kid.

 The tentacles on the octopus were really cool on this sculpture.

 This is a fat kid with a hot dog...yeah I know, weird and kind of disturbing.  

 This one was cool, looks like a princess dress.

My sweet sleepy girl.

 Cameron checking out Mr. Bear with Bob and Regina.

 There's Mr. Bear's nose.

A few seconds before I took this picture Cameron was in the cubby...I was just too slow with the camera.

No comments: