Friday, November 12, 2010

Childhood Memories

Almost everyone can look back at their childhood and remember fun things that they did—playing made up games, going on exciting trips, celebrating special holidays, etc. I had this huge realization the other day, these next few years are going to be Cameron's childhood memories. Isn't that weird to think about? The things that we do are going to be the things that she talks about for the rest of her life. That's a lot of pressure.

The strangest part about it all is that I'm going to be the adult in those memories! How is that possible? I don't have a clue about what I'm doing as a parent, how can I be the adult? The adult is supposed to know everything and have it all together. At least my parents did, or so I thought as a little girl. But I guess the truth is they were winging it just like we are.

So here's to childhood, parenthood and just plain old life in general. Hang on tight and put your faith in the Lord, because the only thing that you know for sure is it's going to be a crazy ride!

Hope everyone had a great week!

No comments: