Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hiking at Eldorado Canyon

Cameron and I went hiking with our friend Annie this morning at Eldorado Canyon. Sometimes I forget what a beautiful place we live in, but today was a great reminder! The hike wasn't very challenging, (which I was very thankful for since I'm still getting back into shape) but it definitely allowed us to experience God's beauty. It was also great spending some quality time with Annie!

I got a new hiking backpack for Cameron at a consignment sale last week. It isn't an all out, hard core hiking backpack with a frame and all that, it's more of an inbetweener for small hikes and walking around town. I thought it was pretty cool when I saw it. It looks just like a backpack and then you unzip one of the pockets and it turns into a seat. The only down side is there isn't really a place for Cameron to rest her head if she gets tired and wants to sleep.

Here are some pictures from our hiking adventure!

Me and Miss Cameron at the beginning of the hike. I promise the backpack is made for kids to sit in, I didn't just shove her in there!

Look at that background, isn't it beautiful?

Cameron had a blowout so we had to do a quick diaper change in the middle of the trail. I was glad no one came walking by, I think I would have been a little embarrassed!

Cameron with her buddy Annie

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome! yes, please take advantage of the beauty there in CO. Cause you know there's nothing exciting to hike down here! what fun little back pack!

Unknown said...

Such a fun morning, thanks for hiking with me! You're so funny Rachel, I can vouch for the fact that Cameron is NOT just shoved into a normal backpack. It has safety straps and everything!

The Bare Crew said...

Too funny, I have almost the exact same picture of Madison and I!! Those days were great fun!!