Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Jersey Weekend

This weekend we went to New Jersey to surprise my grandparents for my grandma's 80th birthday. No one knew that we were coming so it was really fun to see the reactions. We packed a lot into 4 days, so I broke the post into several parts so you can actually read it ;-)...


-----------------------------------
Part 1: The Plane Ride

Saturday morning we flew out to New Jersey. It was Cameron's very first airplane ride and she did great. She slept for the majority of the flight, the perfect little flyer. There were a few minutes at the beginning of our descent when she woke up and cried, but we were able to get her settled down quickly. I'm pretty sure I didn't start nursing her soon enough, so it was probably my fault that her ears were hurting. Oh well, live and learn right?

Mommy and Cameron waiting to get on the plane

Mommy, Grandma and Cameron on the airplane

-----------------------------------
Part 2: The Surprise

We left Cameron on my grandparent's door step with a sign and a happy birthday balloon. She looked so cute and my grandma and grandpa were shocked to see a little baby sitting on their doorstep!


Cameron with her "Hi There, I'm Cameron Brianne" sign and birthday balloon

Grandma Norma saying hi to Cameron

-----------------------------------
Part 3: The Birthday Party

Saturday night we went to my Uncle Ray and Aunt Anne's house for my grandma's birthday dinner. I felt bad because they didn't know we were coming so we kind of crashed the party, but everything ended up working out great. Anne made a yummy dinner and Mac made the cake.

My grandma and grandpa
Doesn't my grandma look great for being 80?

Even Cameron got a place at the dinner table

My mom and dad

Grandma blowing out her candles

-----------------------------------
Part 4: The Beach

My sister and I grew up playing on the beach at the Jersey Shore. Every summer we would go visit Grandma and Grandpa in New Jersey. It was always a blast.

So, of course, we had to take Cameron to the beach. I think she liked it! We even took off her socks and put her feet in the sand. HAHAHA Fun, fun, fun.


Our family on the inlet

Cameron sticking her toes in the sand, well actually just her little toe!

Daddy and Cameron

Great Grandma Norma and Cameron

Grandma and Cameron

4 generations of beach bunnies

4 generations of hands

Mommy and Cameron playing in the sand

The Volks on the beach

-----------------------------------
Part 5: The Family

Cameron got to meet just about everyone in my mom's family. It was kind of strange for me to be bringing my little girl there to meet them because for so many years I was the little girl coming to visit, but it was really neat.

Great Grandpa Bob rocking Cameron

Great Grandma and Cameron

Aunt Mac with Cameron

Aunt Anne and Cameron

Uncle Ray and Cameron

Grandma and Cameron

Daddy and Cameron
Somehow, I never ended up getting pictures of Cameron with Uncle Bobby, Aunt Patty and Uncle Bob.

----------------------------------
Part 6: The Shopping

Monday afternoon (my grandma's birthday), my mom, grandma, Ryan, Cameron and I went shopping at the Carter's and Oshkosh outlet stores. Between all of us we bought Cameron a ton of clothes, BUT everything was on sale so we did pretty good for ourselves. She is going to be a well dressed little girl, that's for sure!

The birthday girl

----------------------------------
Part 7: The Trip Home

On her second flight Cameron looked like a veteran flyer. She was really good the whole flight and she even woke up and played with us for awhile.

Mommy and Cameron on the flight home

Daddy and Cameron, Cameron has her own seat, what a big girl!

This is kind of a long video, but Cameron is super smiley and it's really cute, so I thought I'd post it anyway.


----------------------------------
We had a great time visiting everyone. It's crazy to think that the next time we go visit the Jersey Shore Cameron will probably be walking!

Here are a few other pictures of us hanging out:

That's all I've got...wow, that was a long post!

3 comments:

Anne Schwarz said...

Rachel,
WOW! You certainly captured the highlights of a blessed trip.
Hugs,
Mom

Cheri said...

Hey Rachel,
Wonderful! Really enjoying your blog, just shared your New Jersey trip with Phyllis and Marilyn, they were truly amazed! Cameron did great on her first plane ride, Capt. Dick was very impressed. Aunt Norma certainly looked happy to have her family together to celebrate her 80th. Love to all, Cheri

Rebecca said...

LOVE the four generations "hand" pic! looks like a really sweet time. and YES, your grandma looks fabulous! i never would have guessed she was 80!