Monday, February 22, 2010

Back to Reality

Well, it's been a full week since we came home from the hospital and the good news is we are doing great. We're still trying to figure out Cameron's schedule, but I have a feeling that it's like most other things, it just takes time. She has really been a pretty good baby so far, which is fun for us.

Now we're transitioning back to the real world. You know that feeling after you get married? The one where you get back from the honeymoon trip - one of the most memorable and wonderful trips of your life - and then Monday morning rolls around and it's back to work, back to reality? I kind of feel like that today. Ryan went back to work this morning so it's just been Cameron and me hanging out at home all day. It's such an incredibly strange feeling to know that this is my new job...I am a mommy! It's going to take some getting used to, but I have a feeling that I'm really going to like this job. ;-)

It was kind of hard having Ryan leave this morning. I wish that he could just stay home and play with us every day. It's been so nice having him home the past week. But unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at things!), the insurance world needs him so Cameron and I are going to have to make do without him. Just as long as he hurries home to play with us at night.

Cameron giving us the evil eye

What a sweet baby

Tiny hands

Daddy's happy, Cameron is NOT :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! I hope that you at home also means you have mucho time to post pics of Cameron! Of course after the feeding/cleaning/napping/
laundering/laughing/cooking /poopy diaper changing/smiling and grocery shopping is done, haha! You’ve got a tough job momma, but God has equipped you well, Amen! =) Glad Cameron is doing well, she is such a cutie. All I got to say is it gets easier!! Whether that means Cameron sleeps through the night (meaning like 5 hrs) or yall just adjusting to this ‘new normal’!

Lauren Heyl said...

Great job with the pics & updates, keep 'em coming, LOVE IT! :) She is SO cute!