Sunday, September 13, 2009

Park-to-Park 10 Miler - 17 Weeks

Baby Volk is the size of a turnip!

Photo courtesy of BabyCenter.com
Read about how the baby is developing

This baby is definitely going to be a runner! Not so much because of my extreme dedication to running while I'm pregnant (I've officially made the transition to walking because I can not seem to keep my heart rate low enough when running), but because even in utero, he/she is already attending races. On Labor Day, Ryan ran a 10-mile race in Denver with Matt and Angela. This was the furthest that Ryan has ever run and he did great! I was very proud of him. It was a beautiful course through several parks in the Denver area. Baby and I got to be the cheerleaders. To be honest, I was a little jealous that I didn't get to participate, but I guess this is just an introduction to the sacrifices that you make as a Mother. :-)

Speaking of sacrifices, we've started to think a little bit more seriously about what I'm going to do work wise once the baby comes, and let me tell you, this is NOT an easy thing to figure out. There are so many things that have to be factored into our decision and I'm starting to get a little overwhelmed by it all. I know that God's in charge and it will work out just fine in the long run, BUT with my "planner personality" I would really like to have a a plan with a few more specifics. Please keep us in your prayers.

This past weekend, we went up to Frisco with Ryan's office. It was a lot of fun, Volk & Bell employs a lot of really nice people. The highlight of the weekend (for me at least) was the Lumerjack Show at the BeetleFest - the festival to ward off the evil pine beetle. I'm not sure how to describe the show, so you'll have to just trust me, it was very cool!

Here are some photos that I snagged from Angela's blog:


Ryan, Matt and Angela at the start of the race

Ryan running, he's on the far right of the photo

Ryan and Matt at the end of the race

Annie keeps telling me that I need to keep taking profile shots, so I decided I better start listening. It's not exactly my best angle, but here you go:

Profile shot September 8, 2009

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yay for blogging! snooped you out from annie's blog. Many congrats on the baby!!
Such a blessing and wonderful time in yalls lives.
I'm going to be blunt here cause I know health and fitness are important to you. Work out when you can! I gained a lil much and am now paying for it. haha. oh and eat healthy too of course. (easier said than done!)
Congrats again!!