Friday, February 8, 2013

Cameron's Trip

When my mom first asked me if she and my dad could take Cameron to New Jersey for my Grandpa's 90th birthday my answer was a big fat NO. Are you kidding me, I was not ready to have them take her thousands of miles away without me. Then she asked me again a couple weeks later and I reconsidered. At that moment a couple days with only one kid sounded like a pretty darn good break to me!

So a couple weeks ago I packed Cameron up and dropped her off at Superpop and Granne's house for her first big airplane adventure without her momma. She was beyond excited! She could not wait to go visit Grandma and Papa Summers in New Jersey, especially if it meant she got to ride on an airplane to get there. Plus she was going to go to Papa Summers' birthday party (she's totally into birthday parties lately) and see all her great aunts and uncles, AND their puppies! For an almost three year old, that's pretty much heaven. Not to mention that she LOVES her Superpop and Granne, so hanging out with them for a couple days was well...awesome!

She really did have a wonderful time. I don't think she really even missed us (TEAR!). I think it helped that we were able to Facetime with her everyday. Needless to say, I was pretty excited when she got home. I missed my baby! Even if she didn't miss us...that much. :)








As I said, my Grandpa turned 90 while Cameron was in New Jersey. I'm so bummed that I wasn't able to be there to help him celebrate, but I'm glad Cameron was there to represent our family. Grandpa is a wonderful man who has done so many incredible things in his life. I love hearing his stories! He's got some great ones about running track back in the day and meeting my grandma for the first time. He has been such an important part of my life and I'm truly thankful for him. Love you Grandpa! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What fun, glad it was a success! We always miss them more than they miss us,
Just this week my mom said she's excited for when Sean could stay the night at her house. I was caught off guard cause I hadn't even thought of that yet! But I was thrilled that she would be wiling to take him, ha! As a kid I didn't do many over nights at grandparent's cause we lived so far apart. But I'm happy to pass my kids off to grandma